Are you looking for best acne body wash? In order to come up with the top acne body wash, we have analyzed 300 products available in the market.
Top 3 Best Seller Acne Body Wash
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6 II) that help restore and maintain its natural protective barrier
- [ PATENTED TECHNOLOGY ] Utilizes patented MVE controlled release technology to help replenish ceramides and deliver long lasting moisturization
- 8.5 fluid ounces of Neutrogena Body Clear Pink Grapefruit Acne Body Wash with salicylic acid acne medication specially Designed for acne prone skin to help Treat and prevent acne breakouts
- This Refreshing body wash fights acne & breakouts on Your back, chest and shoulders with Micro Clear technology that works to cut through oil, allowing acne medicine to penetrate to the source of acne & breakouts
- One 8.5-fluid ounce bottle of Solimo Clarifying Pink Grapefruit Body Wash with Salicylic Acid
- If you like Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash, we invite you to try Solimo Clarifying Body Wash
Top 10 Acne Body Wash – Editor’s Choice
- Amazing results, gentle to skin
- Amazingly clean feeling!!
- Great product suitable for dry, sensitive, acne-prone, allergic reaction-prone skin!
- Helps with yeast infections ladies! Instant relief!
- Super small, about the size of a can of soda.
- This is the most amazing all natural product which performs 100% as described.
- Very effective and well designed Tea Oil wash!
- Wonderful bath soap and great company!
- Works great! Highly recommend.
- This is a great product and the company is very helpful and responsive.
- Good body wash!! Citrus 🍊 scent is a little too much. Need more variety of scents!!
- Honestly this product is wonderful. It lathers nicely and rinses off perfectly
- Perfect gender-neutral wash & shampoo; good for sensitivities
- Very pleasant and chemical free!
- Wonderful Natural Soap that Smells AMAZING!
- Really clean and great product.
- Seriously, it’s that good.
- Suds great, smells great, clean feeling.
- This body wash lathered up nicely and rinsed off without leaving any kind of film or making me feel slippery.
- Very impressed, much better than axe, right guard, old spice, etc.
- Amazing Body Wash AND Shaving Cream!
- Good Product Really Good Price
- Moisturizing, Good For Sensitive Skin
- Nice Liquid Soap Without Making A Mess
- There is a LOT of body wash in this bottle so for the price it’s so worth it.
- This Dove pump body wash is great for many reasons including the fact that it’s a huge bottle for such a great price.
- Very moisturizing and smells refreshing
- Works very well and couple of pumps go a long way.
- The product itself though is great, especially for very sensitive skin.
- The smell is amazing, subtle and really nice.
- Clean with a Great Scent!
- Good stuff, cleans well and smell great for hours
- Great product for anyone that suffers from sensitive skin or eczema.
- Must have staple in our home! Consistently the best!
- Smells Great Plus All-Over Clean Feeling After a Manly Shower
- Gets me very clean and good smelling.
- Great smell very clean feeling after shower.
- The product smells great and the smell lasts a little while as well.
- This stuff is inexpensive, smells good, and creates a great lather.
- Works well on body and hair and moisturizes well.
- Feels very clean after use.
- Natural ingredient works and feet are getting a big help here!
- Product really works well
- Smells amazing and really refreshing.
- This soap is great for achieving an overall feeling of clean.
- Works well and has a pleasant smell.
- Definitely recommend this product.
- The mint smell is pleasant and tones down the tea tree for a great balance.
- This product is obviously an excellent anti-bacterial product.
- Wonderfully working for eczema, athlete’s foot, and body acne.
- Best Body Wash for Dry, Sensitive Skin
- Cheap, convenient 4-pack important to liquid bath soap
- Great cleanser for those with skin issues
- Smells great and gentle.
- This is the best product on the market for dry, sensitive skin, hands down.
- Works great especially for those of us cursed with hard water.
- Feels great on the skin during bath or shower!
- Skin feels nice, soft, and smooth after use.
- The bottle is pretty big and lasts for a while.
- Very nice and subtle with all of the awesomeness that Dove offers.
- Easy pump dispenser & very effective!
- Inoffensive scent, works well on sensitive skin.
- Seems to be working great
- Truly works to control cystic acne and folliculitis
- Very, Very Effective and Surprisingly Gentle Face Wash For Acne
- Works better than any of the over the counter stuff from the stores
- Great product that has helped clear her skin.
- Simple and effective, without unnecessary ingredients that many other products claim to need.
- So, if used consistently it really does help! Good product for the price.
- This cleanser is absolutely amazing.
- Amazing smell and gentle exfoliation.
- Excellent for Exfoliation, with a Nice Scent
- It smells so nice and the exfoliation is great without being too grainy.
- Nice, gentle, exfoliating body scrub.
- Silky Feeling, Slightly Exfoliating, Good Lather, and Gentle Scent
- Smells really good and has just the right amount of exfoliant.
- This body wash smells amazing.
- Very happy even with packaging changes
- The lotion smells great and is a good consistency.
- The smell is very good and not overpowering.
- A good value for a good product.
- Best For The Money, Great Product, Great Scent, Amazingly Fresh.
- Cleans well smells good
- Decent smell and good quality.
- Good value, smells nice
- Great body wash,awesome scent.
- Great product, at a good, economical price.
- Smells good! cleans fine.
- Cleans the body great while smelling great afterwards.
- The scent is really nice without being overpowering.
- Delicious smell and gentle body wash!
- Good bang for the buck compared to other tea tree soaps.
- Great all natural body wash! The lather is great and the scent is long lasting.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED…WONDERFUL PRODUCT!
- Nice, nice, nice! It smells good, does not burn or irritate the body.
- Smells great and rinses clean.
- The scent is not that good and the packaging was horrible.
- The apricot has a nice sent, it’s moisturizing and the bottle is nice and big to last a while.
- This apricot scent is really nice- very peachy and warm.
- Very good lathering, and great for toddler bubble baths.
Some More Acne Body Wash – Less Preference
Here are some more acne body wash that might be helpful. Search and compare directly from Amazon.
- Easy pump and works great
- Good for pregnancy athletes foot/ fungal issues
- Seriously impressed!Great product for the size & how well it works.
- This is good quality antifungal soap.
- This product worked when other over the counter products didn’t work.
- Good for a gym bag for sure and comes with a squeeze pop up lid.
- Great for acne sufferers and some warts.
- Smells great, leaves no residue, has great ingredients.
- Still a pretty damn good product, plus it smells nice.
- Very nice body wash at a good price.
- A clean, clear solution to a multitude of problems.
- Great for sensitive skin and non drying
- Highly, Highly Recommend This!!!
- Nice wash for sensitive or elderly skin
- This soap is AMAZING! It smells wonderful, and I saw almost immediate results in its natural anti-fungal properties.
- Excellent for sensitive skin with abrasions.
- Good for warts, fungus, colds/flu air-borne sneezes/cough kills cigarette smoke, bathroom scents.
- The bottle is a generous size and one pump goes a long way.
- The smell is great and soothing.
- This outside contains a good amount of beneficial properties that really make a difference.
- An all natural wash to help athletes foot hooray
- Cleans funky smell off feet and shoes something powerful.
- Good quality product , with a strong smell
- Great body wash for the whole fam-smells great and cleans well.
- Smells great, feels good.
- This is a good soap for people who has skin problem, and its organic too, all natural ingridients.
- Very clean feeling after use And long lasting
- Work good in skin and feel good in skin
- Smells great and no irritation from it.
- The soap has a nice tea tree aroma that is not overwhelming, and gives a good lather.
- Best anti-itch body wash on the market!
- Great price for the size of the bottle! It’s huge.
- Makes the skin feel soft and not dried out.
- Perfect moisturizing gentle body wash
- The Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Body Wash with Oat is the best there is for dry itchy skin.
- This stuff is perfect for sensitive skin! (And scalp!)
- Very soothing in shower and poor sensitive skin hubby didn’t break out in a rash!
- Works great and easy on the skin and nose.
- Great price, it’s at least a few dollars cheaper than most other vendors.
- Great quality, great for winter moisture, HUGE bottle for the price.
- Best in class of tea tree gel body wash products!
- It works and best of all … it smells nice!
- Smells great and it works!
- The product pkging was in good condition.
- This is an excellent product, packaged nicely and delivered promptly.
- Works well and good price!
- A little bit goes a long ways and it suds nicely on a loofa.
- Smells great in the shower.
- The fragrance is amazing.
- There smell is delightful and it gives such a good, clean feeling.
- Fantastic product. Has been a staple hygiene product of mine for 5+ years
- Highly recommend for those in contact sports
- It cleans well and smells great
- This is an excellent germ killing soap without all the unpronounceable ingredients that other soaps contain.
- Best used with a scrounge thing as it makes great suds.
- Defense Soap Body Wash Shower Gel DOES work.
- The soap feels great and rinses off so clean.
- This seems to have stopped the problem and it suds extremely well.
- Works well and use it in the suggested quantity.
- Amazing, The best shower soap ive used
- Antifungal, antibacterial Tea Tree Oil Body Wash
- Clean, Fresh and healing body wash!
- Easy repair of toenail fungus and other benefits
- Product is great works well on dry skin.
- Smells great,leaves skin clean,good for sensitive skin.
- This smells good and does not leave me feeling dry.
- Needed antibacterial soap that cleanses effectively.
- The scent is very light – which is great for chemically sensitive people.
- This worked fine and produces a really nice lather.
- Works to keep skin clear of itchy nasty fungal infections.
- Aveeno daily moisturizer and Washing moisturizer both are highest quality.
- BEST BODY WASH ON THE MARKET!!!
- Great, non-greasy product for eczema and dry skin
- Smells wonderful and feels super soft in the shower
- The Aveeno Moisturizing Body Lotion really works.
- This is the best dry skin lotion for daily use.
- Works well, though scent isn’t great
- Highly recommend! As an aside, the lightly scented (blue-cap) version feels very similar and smells great too.
- Smells nice without being too over barring.
- The Aveeno body wash does a good job cleansing and is by far the best at leaving skin moisturized.
- Best body wash for sensitive, dry skin.
- Excellent Fragrance-Free Body Wash for Itchy Skin
- Great product. Spillage during transport is a risk.
- It’s a cleansing OIL that really moisturizes! Great for baths!
- Moisturizes nicely after swimming, without slicking up the shower
- This product has a nice lather when used with a loofah.
- Works super great for sensitive skin
- Either way, a small price to pay for a soap that is gentle on the skin.
- There’s something about waking up to a nice smell in the shower.
- This calming dry skin wash oil is amazing.
- Amazing for kids with dry skin
- Best body wash and shampoo for baby’s skin out there! Weleda has some great products for babies.
- Excellent product. Works very well with sensitive skin. Highly recommend.
- Great for Adults too that have sensitive skin!
- Lightly scented, very good for sensitive skin. Overallit’s great! !
- This is great for hair, face, and body, both for adults and children.
- Gentle on sensitive skin yet effective.
- Highly recommend for sensitive babies.
- Skin gets very soft too, and hair looks great.
- The other choice is even pricier so this is the one I stick with and it has such a nice scent.
Body Acne: Cause, Prevention And Treatment Of Acne
Like facial acne, body acne is quite common among teenagers and adults. Body acne is similar to facial acne in that there are several other factors that may lead to this condition. Normally, acne begins in puberty and can linger well into adulthood. It can appear in different forms starting from mild whiteheads to severe cysts or nodules.
Understanding the root cause will help in determining the appropriate treatment required. Until the 1980s no direct cause for the formation of acne had been discovered. Doctors now theorize several reasons including stress, hormone fluctuation and genetics.
Causes of Body Acne
There are several factors that dermatologists believe may lead to body acne including:
Excessive sweating due to physical exertion may cause irritation in the skin and clogged pores, leading to acne formation. Sweat mixes with body oil and accumulates in areas where sweat pools out. It is always recommended to shower after exercise to rinse away sweat and other toxins from the surface of the skin especially after a heavy workout.
There is evidence that genetics may play a role in the formation of acne; if one or both of your parents suffered from acne then your chances of having the same problem double.
Friction From Clothing
Wearing tight clothes can block the circulation of air that allows the skin to breathe. This in turn will result in sweat formation and pooling which can lead to acne. Wearing dirty clothes can result in dirt rubbing against your skin leading to irritation and clogged pores as well.
Certain medications can cause acne symptoms, especially if you are prone to the condition. Drugs that can cause acne include lithium, androgen steroids, corticosteroids, DHEA, and anything containing iodides and bromides such as sedatives and cold medication.
The bacteria propionibacterium acnes are a regular inhabitant of the skin surface. It needs sebum in order to grow which greatly increases in adolescence. This bacterium attracts white blood cells to the hair follicle producing an enzyme which damages the follicle wall, letting the contents enter the dermis. This whole process causes inflammation which leads to acne.
One of the best treatments for controlling body acne is by taking a warm shower daily. This will help by opening the skin pores and washing away toxins and dirt. Put on your clothes only after your body dries completely. Applying benzyl peroxide on affected areas is also suggested, and is especially helpful for both teenagers and adults.
If you have any doubts as to whether your blemishes are associated with body acne, check with your dermatologist to rule out other ailments such as dermatitis or skin cancer, particularly if the condition is spreading.
Most dermatologists will prescribe some type of antibiotic which have shown excellent results in severe cases.
Some of the preventive measures include:
- Taking a warm water bath if you sweat heavily and changing your clothes frequently. Do not take a hot bath, as this will over-dry your skin and cause excess sebum production and therefore will worsen acne symptoms.
- Wearing loose clothing for better circulation of air
- Using acne cleansers as body wash rather than cosmetic soaps
With the right actions, you can easily avoid and treat body acne with proper care. It is good for your overall health to take care of your skin and avoid blemishes and other body acne. Healthy skin is a sign of good health and is a great confidence booster too.
Can Acne Body Wash Keep Your Body Healthy?
Acne is the most common skin problem both for male and female. Acne is caused by excess of body hormones, oil glands and perspiration glands. The other causes of acne are pollution and dust that expose our skin all the time.
Aside from external factors, acne also can emerge when we are stressed out, because our adrenal hormone stimulates the glands to produce even more oil. When you go outside your home, better use skin protection such as body lotion to prevent dust and pollution get into your skin and cause acne appear on your body. Acne can emerge the most in oily skin. To be free from acne, we can use acne body wash.
Type of Acne Body Wash
Acne body wash is a product to keep our body healthy, to be free from acne. There are two types of acne body wash. The first is herbal acne body wash. This kind of product were made from medicinal plants that can keep acne away, such as lemon, honey, orange peel, onion, rosewater, and many more.
There is lemon acne body wash you can make by yourself at home. First, take a fresh lemon and squeeze it so that you get one teaspoon full of the juice. Mix that juice with one teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture onto your whole body evenly, and wait for thirty minutes. After that, take shower with cold water, and make sure your body is clean enough. You can also consumes green tea or red tea, because these kinds of tea contain antioxidants that good for keep the acne away, aside from using acne body wash.
The second type is synthetic acne body wash. This kind of acne body wash is made in factory, using chemical substances that merely not safe for our body. As we know, chemical substances are containing a lot of dangerous materials that can cause damage of our body’s system. Not an instant effect, but in several years, it become “monsters” for our skin and body health.
Many factories that produce acne body wash don’t care about that, and they only make a product because they own economic benefits. But nowadays, that kind of factory was decreased, replaced by the factory that use safe materials for producing acne body wash. They using beta hydroxyl acid, benzyl peroxide and retinoid, in high concentrate can make foetal defects on expectant mother. More dangerous, this chemical substance called Accutane can cause miscarriage. Most of acne body wash aren’t safe for expectant mother, as we can see.
How to Use Acne Body Wash
There are some simple steps to keep our skin clean from acne. The most important step is taking a shower twice a day or more using acne body wash. Do this step continually, so that the body wash can protect our skin perfectly. Apply the acne body wash evenly to your body, massage your body using that body wash, and wait for a while before you clean your body, so that acne body wash can work properly on your skin.
Do not squeeze the acne, although it’s on our back, because that action can make our skin dark because of the acne spot. So take care of the acne problem by applying acne body wash, and patiently wait until the acne disappeared from your body. And do not forget when you are going everywhere, bring along with you the acne body wash.
Acne Body Wash for Men
Read about the best acne body wash for men. Let’s face it; most guys do not want to spend a lot of time grooming. If there are too many steps, they simply won’t do them. These body washes are specifically designed to treat acne without a lot of work. They are all in one solutions to cure pimples on the back, chest, and other areas.
Common causes of acne breakouts on the body for men include excessive oil production, ingrown hairs, and dead skin cells. A good acne body wash for men will contain ingredients that treat these causes. One of the best ingredients to do this is salicylic acid, because it will remove dead skin and increase new cell production. The result is reduced acne, unclogged pores, smoother skin, and reduction in fine lines. All of the body washes mentioned here will contain this effective ingredient.
Nature’s Cure for Men
This three part kit will knock out acne breakouts all over the body. It contains a body wash, foaming facial cleanser, and a topical lotion for spot treatment. The body wash is 2% salicylic acid, and should be used once daily in the shower. The facial wash contains 2.5% benzyl peroxide, and you should use it at least twice a day. Finally, the topical lotion is 5% benzyl peroxide, and should be applied after you are dried off.
This acne body wash is specifically made for guys who are active and athletic. The packaging alone is convenient for going to the gym, because of the travel bottle that fits into gym bags. The active ingredient for treating and preventing acne is 2% salicylic acid. It will also contain ingredients to help make the treatment sweat proof, so you don’t have to worry about it when working out.
Oxy Body Wash
The Oxy brand is known for putting out high quality over-the-counter acne treatments. This is their acne body wash. It contains 2% salicylic acid, just like the others. This formula is a little different from the previous two in that it is specially designed to hydrate the skin. It contains seaweed extract to smooth skin and hydrate it. This is because a lot of acne treatments can really dry out the skin.
This body wash contains salicylic acid to fight acne, but also has a variety of other ingredients to promote clear, healthy skin. For example, tea tree extract is well known as a natural solution to clear pores and kill germs. Glycolic acid is also used to remove dead skin cells, resulting in more radiant skin. Aloe will sooth and moisturize the skin, leaving it feeling soft and touchable.
Keep in mind these are all over-the-counter acne treatments. If you have severe acne you should see a dermatologist. They can prescribe your more effective treatments, such as antibiotics.
Acne Body Wash for Women
Some acne body washes are made specifically for women. This article will go over different causes of acne in women, and how acne body wash works.
Acne in women is most common in puberty, but it can also occur well into adulthood. It may be mild for some women or a horrific skin problem for others. Although acne mostly appears on the face and back, it may sometimes be found on other parts of the body. Acne body wash for women is the best treatment for this problem.
Causes of Acne in Women
Hormonal levels may increase in girls and women, causing the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum. This happens two to seven days before menses, during pregnancy, starting or stopping to use birth control pills, or if a woman is going through severe stress.
Acne may be caused by genetic factors, such as an oily skin type. A person whose family has a history of acne is more likely to have it.
Some drugs such as androgens and lithium can cause acne. Use of cosmetics with too much oil may block the pores of the skin, causing acne to appear.
Pollution in the air can irritate the skin and cause acne. People who are in the habit of squeezing or picking at blemishes will most likely develop acne. Too much scrubbing of the skin can cause acne.
Acne Body Wash for Women Really Works
In terms of functionality, acne body wash for women and men work in the same way. They essentially use the same acne fighting ingredients, but women’s body wash will have more fragrances. The common acne fighting ingredients will be salicylic acid, and glycolic acid.
Women’s body wash has fragrance that appeals to women, while men’s body wash will usually be fragrance free. Body wash for women will have sweet, flowery and light fragrances while for men will be strong, rich, woody, earthy, leatherish, hint of herbs and aromatic fragrances.
Best Acne Body wash for Women: Neutrogena Body Clear Body
This body wash is a pleasant smelling, and will treat as well as prevent acne. The active ingredient is salicylic acid. It is made with 100 percent naturally derived grapefruit extract plus vitamin C. It is formulated through micro-clear technology. It contains powerful dissolving agents that allow it to break though oil and dirt and into the root source of breakouts, stopping them before they appear. You should see visible results within three days of using it.
Back Acne Body Wash
The most common place for body acne to develop is on the back. This is also known as “bacne”. It may not seem as prevalent, because these breakouts are often hidden by clothing. Back acne can be really painful and embarrassing. Luckily, there are a variety of treatments for this skin problem, including back acne body wash.
Here we will discuss what causes bacne, and the best body washes for treating back acne.
Causes of Back Acne
Acne occurs on the back for the same reasons it occurs anywhere else. Too much oil (sebum) is produced by sebaceous glands in the skin. Pores get clogged by a sludgy mix of a dead skin and oil. Then acne causing bacteria gets into the follicle. The bacterium is nourished by the sebum, and they multiply rapidly. Your body’s defences will send white blood cells to combat all of these bacteria, and a pimple is born.
Thicker Skin & Larger Pores
Acne on the back has unique problems compared to other bodily areas, because the skin is a little different there. Skin on the back is thicker and has larger pores. Larger pores can more easily collect dirt and pollutants. And since the skin is thicker, the acne will often occur deeper and will be more painful. Stronger topical medications are needed to penetrate this thicker skin.
Dermatologists know that irritation of the skin makes acne more severe. This is why hot humid weather often causes a flare up of back acne. Sweaty or tight fitting clothing that chafes the skin can cause a back acne breakout. The same thing goes for wearing backpacks, because the straps dig into your skin.
Obviously, back acne occurs on the back and on shoulders. This can make it difficult to reach with your hands. So when washing your body in the shower, the back area can be neglected. Also when shampooing, chemicals from hair styling products are washed down your back, and are never cleansed away. This can result in clogged pores.
Body Washes For Back Acne
If a case of back acne has not progressed to a severe condition, it may be possible to clear up the by using over-the-counter body washes. These medicated body washes will help to clear mild cases of bacne by either cleaning out pores through exfoliation, or by killing acne causing bacteria.
Exfoliating Body Washes
The best body washes for exfoliating dead skin cells away will either contain salicylic acid or glycolic acid. These chemical exfoliating ingredients will help you to shed your outer layer of dead skin.
Salicylic acid is better for acne, because it oil soluble. This means it can go deep into oily pores to remove the clogs of dead skin cells and oil. If pores are clear, there is much less of a chance that acne will develop. Exfoliation works best on non-inflammatory acne, such as blackheads and whiteheads. Read more about exfoliating body washes.
Antibacterial Body Washes
Inflammatory acne (pimples, zits, cysts) is a result of acne causing bacteria in the follicle feeding on sebum. If you want to treat this type of acne, antibacterial body washes are recommended. To kill the bacteria, the best and most common active ingredient used is benzyl peroxide. This ingredient will kill bacteria by oxygenating the pores where the bacteria live. Bacteria cannot survive with oxygen present. Other antibacterial ingredients found in body washes include triclosan and tea tree oil.
Extend Your Reach
Washing your back on your own can be difficult, because your hands cannot reach all the areas. Using a back brush can help you extend your reach, so you can apply the medicated body wash to all of the infected areas. The bristles will also help to physically exfoliate your skin. Even if you do not have a back acne problem, it is recommended to use a brush to keep your back clean and hygienic.
When to See a Dermatologist
For severe back acne conditions, you need to go see a dermatologist. They will be able to more accurately diagnose the cause of the acne, and can prescribe some stronger medications. There are a variety of topical creams, oral medications, and body washes that you can only get from a dermatologist.
Body Wash for Oily Skin
Those with oily skin know that finding the right skin care products can be a bit of a challenge. A common mistake when choosing products for oily skin is buying those that leaves your skin too dry. You will want a body wash that removes excess oil and removes shine, but also keeps your skin moisturized and healthy.
What Causes Oily Skin
People with an oily skin type have sebaceous glands that are overactive, and produce more oil than is needed. This causes the skin to have a greasy and shiny look. There are various reasons people may have oily skin, however, the most common cause is just genetics. Different people naturally have different skin types.
Oily skin may also be a result of hormonal changes in the body causing excess sebum production. This can be from young people going through puberty, women going through menses, or women going through pregnancy. Certain medications, such as antidepressants and birth control, can also cause hormonal changes.
Oily Skin and Acne
People with oily skin will have thicker skin, larger pores, and are more prone to acne breakouts. The excess sebum (oil) will mix with dead skin cells and form a sludge that clogs pores. Clogged pores can then trap sebum from escaping, and these results in non-inflammatory acne, such as blackheads. When pores are clogged with oil, they are denied any oxygen. This creates the perfect environment for bacteria, and inflammatory acne, such as pus pimples will form.
In frustration, many people with oily skin tend to wash more than is necessary. Unfortunately, too much skin irritation is known to make acne even worse. This is why it is important to get a good body for oily skin, and cleanse no more than twice a day.
Body Wash for Oily Skin
To cleanse oily skin, choose a body wash that contains an exfoliating ingredient. The two most widely used chemical exfoliants are salicylic acid and glycolic acid. Salicylic is a better choice for people with oily skin, because it is oil soluble. This means it can get into oil-clogged pores to dissolve the plug, break apart the oils, and open the pore. The body wash should also contain oil-free moisturizers. Although oily, your skin still needs to stay hydrated and moisturized throughout the day.
Finally, oily skin can also benefit from mortifying ingredients, which will remove the appearance of shine from your skin.
Best Body Wash for Oily Skin
As mentioned, the best body wash for oily skin will contain salicylic acid as an active ingredient. We recommend Phisoderm anti-blemish body wash. This body wash will effectively exfoliate dead skin cells on the surface and deep within follicles. The end result is unclogged pores, with excess oil cleansed away. This gives you healthy, clear skin.
Phisoderm also contains moisturizing ingredients (vitamin E, aloe and chamomile) to keep your skin from drying out. The pH balanced formula will keep skin from getting irritated.
Easy Natural Body Acne Treatments
Another kind of acne problem is body acne, it appear on your body instead of your face. If now you are suffering this acne problem then do not worry about it, there are many ways to treat and cure that acne easily. Body acne problem often to appear on teenage, a lot of teenager get this skin problem because it a common problem for everyone. It usually appears in the winter months when you are wearing your heavy clothes to warm yourself.
If the acne already pops up on your body then you can try the easy ways below for you acne treatments.
- To cure your body acne and to prevent it from coming back to you, wash your body with a cleanser that salicylic acid based. But you should take a look at the product details to know how often you can use it; usually you can use it in daily period.
- Take a bath daily (I believe we all take a bath daily) and whenever you have been sweating you have to shower your body as soon as possible. There are many activities that cause us sweating such as sports, walking around, anything that cause you sweating. After you finished your bath, you can use a body moisturizer which is contains Alfa Hydroxyl acid. This will grow your skin and help to prevent breakouts without any drying skin out.
- At the evening you can do a body acne treatment just the same as a facial acne problem, you can use a gel or some cream on your body which is affected
- This body acne treatments is usually works for most people, do this program for about a months. But if there is no improvement of your skin condition, then you should meet a doctor.
If you think that going to a doctor will cost you a lot of money, then you can have a look at the Mike Walden’s new holistic acne System. You will get some great information inside on how to naturally and permanently eliminate your acne without drugs, creams or any kind of gimmicks.
Antibacterial Body Wash
The two main factors that cause acne are excess oil, and acne causing bacteria. Without both of these factors present, acne cannot develop. Using antibacterial body wash kills bacteria on the skin’s surface and in the follicles. This effectively treats and prevents acne.
Here we will go over how bacteria cause acne, and how antibacterial shower gels work. Some antibacterial washes are sold over-the-counter, while a dermatologist can prescribe higher strength formulas.
How Bacteria Causes Acne
Acne causing bacteria is called Propionibacterium acnes (p. acnes), and is a primary cause of inflammatory acne. This bacterium is normally present on people’s skin, and does not cause much of a problem. Acne problems develop when the bacteria are exposed to sebum (oil). P. acnes will feed on the oil as a source of nourishment, and will grow rapidly. This typically happens when the bacteria gets into clogged follicles near sebaceous glands, where oil is overabundant.
When the bacteria, p. acnes, enter a follicle filled with sebum, it will start to grow and multiply quickly. The presence of these bacteria will trigger an immune response from the body, and white blood cells will be sent to the area. The bacteria will also start to produce free fatty acids, which cause a lot of irritation to skin. As a result, an inflammatory pus-filled lesion is formed, known as a pimple or zit.
How Antibacterial Body Wash Works
Antibacterial body washes work in a couple different ways, depending on active ingredients used. Some ingredients will kill bacteria on contact, while others will oxidize the bacterial environment. These topical washes will not boost your body’s natural defenses to bacteria like oral medications can. This means bacteria and oil will return when you stop using the treatments. However, antibacterial body wash works well in times when oil production is increased, for example puberty, menstruation, and pregnancy.
Best Antibacterial Body Washes
You can find a variety of over-the-counter antibacterial body washes at the store. The active ingredients used in these products will commonly be benzyl peroxide, triclosan, or tea tree oil.
Benzyl peroxide is a common active ingredient used in many over-the-counter acne products. It effectively kills bacteria on the skin’s surface and deep in pores. Benzyl peroxide works by oxygenating the skin’s pores. Bacteria cannot live in an environment that contains oxygen, and they will quickly die. The bacteria that contact the benzyl peroxide should die within 48 hours. Benzyl peroxide also has anti-inflammatory properties, meaning it will reduce redness and swelling. The downside to BP is that it can dry out skin and cause irritation.
Triclosan is an antibacterial agent that is used in a variety of consumer care products including toothpaste, hand sanitation, and body wash. It works by directly affecting the way bacteria synthesize free fatty acids. Basically, it inhibits this synthesis and prevents bacteria from being able to feed and grow. The result is that they quickly starve and die off. There is some debate about how safe this ingredient is, and how it might cause bacteria to become resistant to antibiotics. For treating acne, triclosan is not as widely used as benzyl peroxide.
Tea Tree Oil
Some people prefer to only use natural or organic products on their bodies, and this is where tea tree oil comes in. For centuries tea tree oil has been utilized for its antibacterial, antifungal, and healing properties. In fact, Australian soldiers keep tea tree oil in their med kits. Most bacteria strains will die within 24 hours after exposure to this oil. It is nearly as effective as benzyl peroxide on acne, but does not work quite as quickly. However, it is gentler on skin and smells great! If you use pure tea tree oil, you will need to dilute it, or else it can cause skin irritation.
Prescription Antibacterial Body Wash
If acne isn’t responding to over the counter treatments, it may be time to move on and see a dermatologist. Excessive use of over-the-counter acne medications can dry out skin unnecessarily if you are not seeing results. A dermatologist can evaluate your case, check for internal and external factors, and help you get your skin back to how it should be. They can prescribe you some stronger antibacterial body washes, or oral antibiotics.
Tips and Warnings About the Acne Body Wash
It is important to use the body wash immediately after perspiring so your skin does not get clogged with sweat and dirt. If this isn’t possible, rinse with water and then wash when convenient.
Be careful about buying a body wash with perfume or a strong scent because it could be an irritant. It would be better to buy a brand that is known for being hypoallergenic rather than a brand that is commercial and cutesy.
Pat your skin dry after using a body wash. If your doctor has prescribed a lotion, use it immediately after washing and drying the skin to lock in the moisture.
Finally, if acne persists, consult a doctor. An acne body wash is not a miracle solution; it’s a gentle, soothing cleanser that will prevent the clogging of your skin pores that causes the breakout of acne.
Last update on 2020-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API